Wednesday 22 April 2015

Evaluation: What do you feel like you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

At the start of the year I created a school which I used for my preliminary task.
From this I have developed more skills on photoshop and indesign. I have found new fonts that are not found on photoshop and can create different styles and genre to the magazine itself. The use of brightening and contrasting an image if you want a figure to stand out from the background. I have also learned how to display subtitles around the main image which allows the audience to still see the background but the writing makes your eyes focus upon the foreground. 
Since my preliminary task, I have learned how to take better quality photographs which don't reflect light off the models face and don't create a shadow behind them. I have also worked upon my presentation and improved the way of presenting my writing and images to fit the genre of my magazine. 
For my preliminary task, I didn't carry out any target audience research and based it upon a niche audience of students between the age of 11 and 18 who are at school. Because I did not produce a questionnaire, I made assumptions as to what people would want to see in the magazine. For my final product I produced questionnaires for the target audience and research into different features that my audience would be interested in so that it would attract and appeal to them into buying the magazine. From my research I was able to identify media conventions that would appeal to the target audience and would increase the size of my audience by basing it upon the genre of my music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment